SAP provide the following training for our employees:
- Safety Induction Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Machinery Training
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms Training
- First Aid Training
- Abrasive Wheel Training
- Certificate of Professional Competence
- Chainsaw Training
- Pesticide Training
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme
- Safety Representative Training
- IOSH Managing Safely Training
It is mandatory for our teams on the ground to hold a Safe Pass and our Health and Safety Department ensures that it is renewed every 4 years.
Our Health and Safety Commitment
SAP always provide a safe working environment for our staff and clients and this is maintained through:
- Continual staff education & training with regard to safety and health.
- Housekeeping maintained to the highest standards.
- Daily & weekly checks on maintenance of equipment, machinery and fleet.
- Site specific method statement and risk assessments (MSRA) completed prior to contract start.
- Regular reviewing, revising and updating the safety policy and procedures in the company.
Health & Safety Law
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- The Health & Safety Authority (HSA) operates as the national enforcing authority of the Act.
- This Act is followed by the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
- The Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction Regulations) 2006 & 2013.
- The Chemicals Act 2008 & 2010
SAP Landscapes Policies
- Environmental Policy
- Waste Management Policy
- Use of Hazardous Substances in the Workplace Policy
- Alcohol & Drug Policy
- Fire Prevention Policy
Top Safety Accreditation for SAP Landscapes
We are very proud to have been awarded accreditation from Alcumus SafeContractor for achieving excellence in health and safety in the workplace.
Alcumus SafeContractor is a leading third party accreditation scheme which recognises extremely rigorous standards in health and safety management amongst contractors. It is used by thousands of organisations in the UK including SMEs and FTSE 100 companies.
Gemma Archibald, Director of Alcumus SafeContractor said: "Major organisations simply cannot afford to run the risk of employing contractors who are not able to prove that they have sound health and safety policies in place."
"More companies need to understand the importance of adopting good risk management in the way that SAP Landscapes has done. The firm’s high standard has set an example which hopefully will be followed by other companies within the sector. SafeContractor plays a vital role in supporting our clients in meeting their compliance needs, whilst working with their contractors as they progress through the accreditation process.”